Hello and welcome. I’m Ayhan, and I’m honored that you’ve taken a moment to learn a bit about me. In a world that often feels fast-paced and overwhelming, I find solace in offering a space where authenticity and connection thrive. My journey into the field of psychotherapy was driven by a deep curiosity about the human experience. Over time, it transformed into a passionate commitment to support individuals like you in navigating life’s intricate twists and turns. What sets me apart is not only my comprehensive five-year MSc degree in psychotherapy but also my dedication to understanding the unique tapestry of each person’s story.
Since 2014, my path in psychotherapy started with placements in the voluntary sector and the NHS, and since 2017, I’ve been in private practice. This journey has equipped me with a rich understanding of diverse human experiences. Over time, my relentless drive to better the lives of my communities led me to collaborate with my esteemed colleagues, Dr. Vikram Kolmannskog and John Gillespie, to co-edit and co-author Queering Gestalt Therapy – An Anthology on Gender, Sex & Relationship Diversity in Psychotherapy, a peer-reviewed publication by Routledge, underscoring my commitment to advancing the field.
In my spare time, you’ll often find me taking leisurely strolls with my furry best friend, who never fails to remind me to embrace life’s simple joys. I’ve also discovered the joys of learning the piano, much to the delight (or perhaps confusion) of my neighbours. And, plot twist, I’ve recently found myself back in DJing — not for the crowds, but purely for the fun of crafting musical mashups.
- MSc Gestalt Psychotherapy – Middlesex University, London
- MA Digital Arts – University of the Arts, London
- Post-Graduate Diploma Contemporary Trauma Practice – Relational Change, Oxford
- Diploma in Gestalt Psychotherapeutic Counselling – Metanoia, London
- Clinical Diploma Gestalt Psychotherapy – Metanoia, London
Continuous Professional Development:
- Professional Certificate in Psychosexual Therapy – CICS, Herts
- Certificate in Contemporary Intimate Partner Therapy – CICS, Herts
- Diagnosis, Assessment & Pharmacological Treatment of Adults with ADHD – UKAAN, London
- Understanding ADHD: Current Research and Practice – King’s College London
- Understanding Autism – University of Kent
- The Utilisation of EMDR (and IFS) in Eating Disorders – EMDR Association Sussex & Pam Virdi
- Certificate in Couples Counselling – The Cherished Family Project, Birmingham
- Part 1, 2 & 3 EMDR Europe Standard Accredited Training – EMDR Academy, Roehampton
- Delivering Psychotherapy & EMDR Online – EMDR Academy & EMDR Association
- Practitioner Diploma in Executive Coaching – AoEC, London
- Certificate in Humanistic Counselling – Gestalt Centre, London
- Foundation in Performance/Acting – Arts Ed, London
- UK Council for Psychotherapy – Accredited/Registered
- UK Association for Gestalt Practitioners – Full Member
- EMDR Association UK & Ireland – Full Member